Low vision is an impairment of vision that significantly affects a person's ability to perform everyday activities and cannot be adequately corrected with conventional glasses, contact lenses, medical or surgical intervention.
Amcare Pro offers a Low Vision Program that is designed to evaluate, counsel, treat and educate the low vision patient in the comfort of their home. The overall objective of our Low Vision Program is to keep the patient as safe and functional in their living environment for as long as possible. Low Vision Program is especially designed to assist in Senior Care.
Services include but not limited to:
- Adapting the home environment for safety and fall prevention, re-training techniques for daily activities
- Adaptive methods for medication management
- Teaching and training with adaptive equipment to increase independence in daily tasks
- Training in the proper use of low vision devices and their application in daily activities
- Eccentric viewing training for reading -Education regarding the disease process and Diabetic teaching and training
- Functional mobility training
- Education regarding the availability of community resources for the visually impaired
- Working to improve coping skills to aid the patient in dealing with their low vision